Combat in metroplexity can be complicated, but in general: You attack with techniques to deal damage. Damage is increased with your Power bonuses and decreased with your opponent's Defence bonuses. Some techniques can Evade damage. See combat page for specific details and numbers.
Most items give bonuses directly to Attributes, Power or Defense (such as Perception, Melee Power, Stealth Defense). However some bonuses affect your stats and combat in more complex ways. Click through to individual pages for more details.
Affects your stats
- Morale - adds to your highest Power
- Unopposed - adds to your Power when your opponents aren't doing anything
- Empowered - increases your attributes if they are low
- Synergistic Bonuses - extra bonuses for having one of a set equipped
Affects direct combat damge
- Reactive Defense - reduces Melee, Ranged, Fire or Stealth damage if a lot is dealt at once
- Evasion Negation - ignore evasion techniques
- Restrain - reduce the effectiveness of evasion techniques
- Impenetrable Armor - avoids almost all sources of damage
Affects indirect combat damage
Affects combat structure
- Stunning - Prevents your opponent from attacking for a pass
- Stun Resistance - prevents stunning
- Free Techniques - some techniques give extra techniques at the end of your chain
- Tight Hold - Some opponents can hold on to you, forcing you to target them and prevents running away.
- Directional Evasion - evasion dependant on actively targeting one opponent out of a group
- Directional Techniques - changes if you are moving closer or farther from your opponent (ie. asc/descending chains)
Affects combat opponents