Records Office

Location

This is in the Oldtown area.

This area counts as aboveground, indoors, hard to enter.

Resting

You secure yourself in a bathroom stall and try to get some rest. It's not glamorous, but at least nobody bothers you.

You regain 10 hit points!

Or, in office worker or Midgard Security outfits:

You find an abandoned cubicle and settle into the seat, pretending to stare at some papers on the desk. Eventually, a supervisor drops by to hassle you. Well, time to go back to work.

You regain 15 hit points!

Or, in full containment suit:

You find an abandoned cubicle and settle into the seat. Nobody bothers you, but their stares and whispers make it hard to get any rest.

You regain 15 hit points!

Legend
BrassKnuckles25.jpg Combat Encounters Eclipse.jpg Etheric only
Peace-Patch.jpg Noncombat Encounters coffee.jpg Non-Etheric only
defaultitem.jpg Choice Encounters fishingpole.jpg Requires Fishing pole
LeatherJacket.jpg Gang Warfare Encounters PDA.jpg Can lead to a Hacking Encounter

BrassKnuckles25.jpg Combat Encounters

                              Opponent                               Encounter Text Notes
MidgardInternalBaton.jpg A voice drifts through the cubicles. "Excuse me, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

He doesn't give you a chance to comply, instead flipping out a retractable baton.
Without having a Midgard records ID OR Office suit outfit equipped?
coffee.jpg
RobotHound.jpgMidgardInternalNeedler.jpgRobotHound.jpg The patrols in the facility have grown thick. As you duck one, two more seem to take its place.

You manage to avoid getting totally surrounded, but still find yourself face-to-face with an armed guard and the pair of hound drones heeling at his feet.
After evacuation order, moderate Panic?
Eclipse.jpg
RabidWolf.jpgMidgardInternalNeedler.jpgRabidWolf.jpg The hunting packs in this place have grown thick. As you duck one, two more seem to take its place.

You manage to avoid getting totally surrounded, but the baying hounds follow you eagerly, leading their master towards you and signalling your position for his needler shots.
After evacuation order, moderate Panic?
coffee.jpg
RobotHound.jpgRobotHound.jpg As you weave your way through the cubicles, a blur of motion bursts from under one of the desks: a Midgard hound drone. As it keeps your attention, a second drone circles around behind you.

You don't have much time to be impressed by the AI before they begin firing.
After evacuation order, moderate Panic?
Eclipse.jpg
RabidWolf.jpgRabidWolf.jpg As you weave your way through the cubicles, a blur of motion bursts from under one of the desks: a hound-like shape of smoky crystals. As it snaps at your face, you're almost distracted enough not to notice the second hound circling around behind you. After evacuation order, moderate Panic?
MidgardInternalNeedler.jpgoffice%20turret.jpg As you weave through the cubicles, a guard confronts you with a needler in one hand and a radio in the other. No living thing responds to his radio call, but a turret whirs from the ceiling. After evacuation order, moderate Panic?
office%20turret.jpg As the evacuation message plays over and over, you barely hear the mechanical whir above you. A moment later, you've found cover amid the cubicles while bullets rain down from the ceiling. After evacuation order, moderate panic?
office%20turret.jpgoffice%20turret.jpg You hear a voice from above "warning: please contact your supervisor to disable the turret systems if you do not wish to be shot."

A moment later, two turrets lower themselves from the ceiling.
After evacuation order, moderate Panic?
MidgardInternalBaton.jpgMidgardInternalBaton.jpg You hear a faint murmur passing between the cubicles. As you try to triangulate the source, two Midgard Security employees jump out to confront you. After evacuation order, low panic?
MidgardInternalNeedler.jpgMidgardInternalNeedler.jpg You hear a faint murmur passing between the cubicles. As you try to triangulate the source, two Midgard Security employees jump out to confront you with needlers. After evacuation order, moderate panic?
MidgardHeavy.jpg On your way through the maze of cubicles, you come face-to-mask with a guard. It's hard to tell what thoughts might be passing beyond that visor, but the guard isn't particularly heavily armed.

In the tight corridors, however, even the guard's gauntleted fists seem threatening.
After evacuation order, moderate panic?
MidgardInternalBaton.jpgMidgardHeavyGatling.jpgMidgardInternalNeedler.jpg You hear footsteps echoing through the cubicles but, before you can pin down what direction they're coming from, it becomes clear that they sound like they're coming from multiple directions because you're surrounded. After evacuation order, h high panic?
MidgardHeavyGatling.jpg You hear a muttering nearby, followed by an electronic whir from your left and a stream of bullets tearing through the cubicles around you.

Through the dust and smoke, you can see a heavily armored figure somehow propping up a weapon better suited for a vehicle in a war zone.
After evacuation order, high panic?
Eclipse.jpg
papergolem.jpg As you pass by some filing cabinets considering what you've found today, the cabinet explodes open and documents begin pouring out. The swirling paper coalesces into a coherent form with one arm reaching desperately towards you. Only with ≥ 3 desk exploration.

Lose 3 desk exploration and gain 2 office panic if you win.
OfficeWorkerM.jpg A man stands in the aisle, staring you down. You're not sure what's gotten into him, but he rushes you with his fists balled and his face contorting in silent rage. related to infecting enough with Implant Seed?
Eclipse.jpg
?
Faceless-Worker.jpg A man stands in the aisle. You'd say he's staring you down, but his eyes are little more than slight indents…

There could be a natural explanation, perhaps industrial poisoning or extreme body modification, but the serpentine shapes twitching under his suit suggest the vines from across the street may be at work.
after infecting enough with Implant Seed
Eclipse.jpg
Giant-Shark.jpg You faintly catch a scent of salty seas and fresh air. You can almost hear the roar of the waves.

You feel the water washing over you, holding you in its comforting embrace until a shadow passes over you.

You've gained 1 duration of Mysterious Waters.

And if you win:
You find yourself among the cubicles, a few trickles of water running from you onto the beige carpet.
In diving gear

Peace-Patch.jpg Noncombat Encounters

Encounter Result Notes
Maze of Cubicles +1 office exploration Midgard Records ID equipped, at < X office exploration
Evacuation Maze ?? ???
Evacuation Map +1 office exploration At X office exploration
Records Office Evacuation At ≥ 10 office panic
PDA.jpg Records Office Network various results juryrigged antenna and computer equipped
Eclipse.jpg Tropical Breeze get coconut or Tropical Relaxation and healing Only with no increased Chance of Combat Encounters / Chance of PVP Encounters

defaultitem.jpg Choice Encounters

Abandoned Cube Farm

  1. Search the desks - Find Midgard records ID, light briefcase, office flask, lukewarm latte, 3-4 retention memos or 3-4 sandwich wrappers or Pile of Secrets, gain 1 desk exploration.
  2. Wander around - Gain 2 XP in Perception and Strength
  3. Look for life - Walk away

Thriving Thorny Vines - after infecting enough office workers with Implant Seed

  1. Clear them out - Fight Overgrown Cubicles
  2. Loot the cubicles - Gain 2-4 XP Perception and some of Eclipse, light briefcase, retention memos, sprouting seed, interoffice memo, office flask, office dress pants, office suit coat
  3. Inspect the vines - Gain 3 XP Perception
  4. Blaze a trail (with any Fire Power) - Fight Overgrown Cubicles or burn them down
  5. Leave them be - Walk away

Water Cooler Rambling - before seeing evacuation order

  1. Cut in - various results in outfits
  2. Ask about the vault - various results in outfits
  3. Jump them - Fight 2 office workers, gain ~5 office panic if you win
  4. Watch them - Gain 2 XP Perception
  5. Keep walking - Walk away

Group of Office Workers - with Midgard records ID equipped, before seeing evacuation order

  1. Ask about the vault - various info in disguises
  2. Just chat - Gain 2 XP Will
  3. Watch and listen - Gain various XP results
  4. Box them in - fight 3 office workers
  5. Keep on walking - Walk away

ID Must Be Visible At All Times - at ≥1 office panic

  1. Dig out the badge (With Midgard records ID in inventory) - Nothing
  2. Make excuses - fight 2x Internal Security (Baton) or in Office Worker outfit gain 3 XP in Will
  3. Fight him off (evil) - Fight Internal Security (Baton)
  4. Run for it - 3 XP in Reflexes, raises Records Office alert

Cubicle Patrol - in Midgard security outfit, at low to moderate office panic

  1. Just chat - gain 2 XP in Will
  2. Say alert's over (Only at some degree of Records Office alert?) - Lowers alert?
  3. Ask about vault - gain 3 XP in Will
  4. Jump him (evil) - fight Internal Security (baton)
  5. Leave him - Walk away

Eclipse.jpg Sudden Darkness
  1. Stand your ground - 3 XP Will or after evacuation order fight 2 Internal Security (Baton)
  2. Shout for help - Fight Internal Security (Baton) and Internal Security (Needler) or in Office Worker Outfit raise Records Office alert
  3. Methodically search - 4 XP Perception
  4. Run towards light - Fight Tusked Shadow

The Vault - After X office exploration

  1. Badge yourself in (Only with Midgard Records ID equipped) - Enter Records Vault if you have Midgard Records cybereye or hacked access
  2. Knock politely - Nothing
  3. Wait for it - 3 XP in Will or at high alert:
    1. Rush forward - fight Midgard Heavy Guard (Unarmed and Midgard Heavy Guard (Gatling), enter Records Vault if you win
    2. Sneak past them - enter Records Vault with 13 Stealth Power
    3. Slip away - 2 XP Will
  4. Leave it alone - Walk away

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License