Fleeing Pool Shark Pre Quest

Image

PoolShark.jpg

Encounter Conditions

Chasing the Pool with a Pro before breaking up the riot on the quad

Initial Text

You see the pool hustler you've been tracking trying to hide in a sea of anti-Midgard protestors. He sees you at the same moment, freezing in terror.

Summary of Choices

  1. Say he's with Midgard (Evil 1) - if you have a protest sign equipped, get anthony's watch, otherwise 2 XP Strength
  2. Chase him - Gain 3 XP Strength
  3. Leave him be - walk away

Choice Text and Results

Say he's with Midgard (Evil 1)

(If you don't have a protest sign equipped and less than ? will)

You point at him and shout "he's with Midgard!" His eyes widen as he points back. "No you're not, you liar, you're with Midgard."The crowd's eyes follow back and forth like they're watching a tennis match. They decide quickly who the liar is and descend on you brandishing bare fists and picket signs.You can faintly see him slipping away in the chaos.

(Fight Protesters)

(If you don't have a protest sign equipped and at least ? will)

You point at him and shout "he's with Midgard!" His eyes widen as he points back. "No I'm not, you liar! You're with Midgard."

The crowd's eyes follow back and forth like they're watching a tennis match. They pause, uncertain of who to believe, as the man breaks into a run.

A few half-heartedly try to help catch him, just getting in your way. You start to chase him, but with the idiots tangling you up, he's already gotten too far away.

You've earned 2 XP in Strength

(If you have a protest sign equipped and ? Will stat?)
(failed with 6, then buffed to 33 and succeeded)
(succeeded with 4(9) will first try)

Picketers.jpg

You shout "he's with Midgard!" and point at him with your protest sign. His eyes widen as he points back. "Liar! You're with Midgard!"

The crowd follows back and for with their eyes, like they're watching a tennis match. It doesn't take too long for them to decide on who's lying.

They crush down around the man, beating him to a bloody pulp. In the ensuing chaos, you snag a watch from the tattered remains of his coat.

You found: Anthony's watch

(If you have a protest sign but not ? stat? — see above)

You point your picket sign at him and shout "he's with Midgard!" The man gapes at you for a moment and points back "no I'm not, you liar! You're with Midgard!"

The protestors cast their eyes back and for like they're watching a tennis match. They seem conflicted for several long moments, which the hustler uses to bolt.

The crowd sees this as an admission of guilt and tries to help you chase him, but just end up getting in the way. By the time you've untangled yourself, he's long gone.

One of the protesters that got knocked over in you chase attempt stands up and brushes herself off. "We should've believed you, shouldn't we? He just seems so… sure, you know?"

You've earned 2 XP in Will

Chase him

You charge after him, scattering the crowd he's hiding in. By the time you get to where he was, he's already put an entire stretch of sidewalk behind him.

You chase him across the Quad, keeping up with his pace. Eventually he dives into another crowd of students and you lose track of him among the jostling bodies.

When you lost track of him, you could tell he was starting to get tired. He can't keep away from you forever.

You've earned 3 XP in Perception

Condition?

You charge after him, scattering the crowd he's hiding in. By the time you get to where he was, he's already put an entire stretch of sidewalk behind him.

You chase him across the Quad, following close behind. But eventually your stamina gives out and you're forced to slow down, legs burning.

Damn it, that guy's fast. Either he's on something or you're out of shape.

When you lost track of him, you could tell he was starting to get tired. He can't keep away from you forever.

He seems to be looking for a place to rest overnight. Hopefully you can catch up with him before he finds one.

You've earned 3 XP in Strength

(7(10), 5(9), 5(10), 4(7), under the effects of Sugar Rush, Very First chase attempt)

Leave him be

You turn and walk away. Something about this situation has him spooked pretty badly, but you don't feel like getting involved right now.

Walk Away

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License